Patient & Visitor Amenities
At St. Luke's Hospital, we want you and your family to be as comfortable as possible during your stay. When you can't be at home, we'll make sure you feel like you are, with all the amenities and services you and your loved ones need. See what we have to offer below:
Maintaining a safe and comfortable environment
Receiving support from friends and family members is part of the healing process. While it's natural for your loved ones to be concerned about you while you're in the hospital, it's important to understand that a limited number of visits can contribute to a speedier recovery.
Total health involves physical, mental and spiritual needs. We ask that our patients and their guests help us maintain a safe and comfortable environment by considering the following guidelines.
- Visitors may be asked to leave if they are disturbing patients.
- Do not leave children unattended.
- Speak softly, and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Respect the patient. Always knock first on the door, even if it's open. Announce yourself. If there is a roommate, be considerate and do not make loud noises.
- Chairs are provided for the comfort of visitors. Please do not sit on the patient's bed.
- Keep visits brief so others may visit. Brief visits are not as tiring to patients.
- Discourage friends and family from visiting if they have colds or other infectious diseases. If you're not sure, talk with a nurse before visiting.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room when the patient receives treatment from a doctor or nurse.
- Most patients are on special diets while in the hospital. Outside food is not always good for them. They should only eat food prepared for them by the hospital. Always check with the nurse or the registered dietitian before bringing special foods from home.
- Children 12 and older are considered adults for visiting purposes.
Free parking is available for visitors in designated lots in front of the hospital near the Visitors Entrance. Please do not park in the Outpatient Center or Emergency Department areas.
Cell phones and smart phones may be used in most areas in the hospital. Please watch for signs indicating restricted areas.
For your health, St. Luke's Hospital, along with all the hospitals of northwest Ohio, is an entirely tobacco-free environment. Please, do not smoke or use tobacco of any kind anywhere on St. Luke's campus.
We invite you to visit our gift shop. The St. Luke's Hospital Auxiliary operates them and donates the proceeds to benefit patient care.
St. Luke's Hospital Gift Shop
Gifts, collectibles, books, magazines, snacks, flowers
- Location: Main lobby
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 am to 8 pm; Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm; Sunday, noon to 5 pm
- Payment: MasterCard, VISA, Discover, cash, checks